Sketch dated 1971
Walnut House is the only remaining thatched building in Ufford. It may once been two cottages, dating from the 17th or early 18th century. It was formerly Walnut Tree farmhouse and was bought with its land and outbuildings by Edge`s Charity in 1724.
The inscription on the end of the barn informs us that the charity supported six Decayed Gentlewomen but there is no evidence that they lived in Ufford.
Rose Cottage was a typical farm worker`s cottage.
The old blacksmith`s workshop is now incorporated into a modern house.